LEARNING CURVES BEFORE YOU SAY I DO
LEARNING CURVES BEFORE YOU SAY I DO
If you are considering the lifetime commitment of marriage, you will want to learn some things that will save you and your spouse a great deal of heartache if you will put them to work. Premarital education would give you the knowledge you need before saying “I Do”.
Let’s dissect what Premarital Education really means.
Pre- marital education generally is to prepare you for marriage as Individuals and as a Couple. It also enlightens you on the responsibilities that marriage brings. After a premarital education, you should have learnt to take responsibility of yourself, others and partner.
The truth is that there are only benefits to Premarital Education.
It definitely enlightens each person on what they are getting in marriage. It is essential you know the personal benefit it gives to you, your partner and your relationship.
Remember there is no perfect person. As you uncover the important different areas of premarital knowledge, with clear, informed and a conscious mind, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to navigate the somewhat difficult terrain of love, relationship and marriage. Some of the benefits of engaging a professional counsellor or enrolling for premarital education are listed below.
- It gives you knowledge on the different dimensions on communication skills.
- It provides an opportunity to address issues in order to avoid serious conflicts after the big day.
- It will help you plan actively for the future e.g. your expectations for married life, what you want personally in the future etc.
- It will help you find out your responsibility to self and how deal with interpersonal difficulties as they arise.
- It gives you wisdom on how to handle intimacy and financial issues that tend to plague in marriage.
- It brings out important information that your partner might have been reluctant to share.
- Your partner would know how to better communicate their needs and desires which will help you learn how to better understand each other.
- It will help your partner focus on healthy goals and relationship changes.
- It will create an avenue for your partner to share things that they are nervous or upset about with you.
- It makes your partner listen carefully to your answers which is a great way to learn more about each other.
- Your partner will learn the skills required to make relationships/marriages work as love is a learnable skill.
- It lets you know if your partner’s values, opinions and history into a relationship matches yours.
Benefit to your marriage
- Premarital education provides a great opportunity for couples to confront issues that could lead to divorce before they become serious.
- It provides a perfect opportunity for you both as a couple to talk about your own unhealthy tendencies.
- It equips you with tools that help couples set financial or family planning goals without your marriage suffering.
- You will be able to resolve your differences before your wedding day, and you’ll also know how to handle other challenges that appear during your marriage.
- It gives you a better chance for a stable and satisfying marriage.
- If you and your partner run into problems during your marriage, you will be already be acquainted with how to overcome any crisis that may come up in the future.
Premarital education generally boasts big benefits, it improves a couple’s chances of staying together in a happy relationship and can help avoid a painful divorce. Start your life together learning what it will take to safeguard your marriage before it starts.
November 03, 2020
October 19, 2020
October 14, 2020